August 02, 2010

Dresden Secret

I have had a project that I have wanted to work on for years now, but the fabrics and the patterns had never come to me in a driving and motivating way. I knew I wanted to make a traditional old school style quilt with modern colors as a gift for a day that is long long - perhaps even unplanned in the future.
Blue Dresden Blades + Custom Template
Then yesterday the tendrils of those wishes came creeping back into my head. DH made me my very own Dresden template and I was off to the races. I have since cut up every scrap of blue fabric that I have in my house into Dresden blades. Mind you I didn't cut up any yardage that I have on hand or any fabrics currently in use for other quilts (that would be a horror wouldn't it?) I have enough blades to make 4 plates, and by DH's calculations I need 16, but I'll play a bit with layouts today to be certain as I think a pattern that uses more plates might be pretty. Like I mentioned this is a long-term project so I can collect blues for a while.
Do you understand why they love me yet?
While getting out all of my blues I actually found a scrap big enough to fix the two holes on the Christmas Row Robin Quilt. I had looked through my blue fabrics two days ago (or was it three now?) and completely missed finding that scrap. I made it into an appliqué and started it just a hair to high, which allowed me to cover the hole on the teal fabric as well. Without looking closely and knowing what you're looking for you can't see the new patch at all, which makes me feel so much better about the whole thing.
No one is safe from me!
As you know I've been trying so hard to get a picture of my kitties Sunny and Tiny together. They've been tormenting me over it lately by only being close enough together until I pick up the camera, and I didn't even need to get it out of the case! So for your viewing enjoyment a bit of what I've captured.

You want... what?!?!

I so don't think so!

1 comment:

QuiltSue said...

LOL. I love the pictures of your cats.