August 22, 2010

Knitting

Do you need to do something while you sit?  I can watch tv without having to have something in my hands, but waiting on the other hand requires something.  I took out my denim patchwork out to the bus this first week while waiting for DD.  That worked out pretty well, except of course that we've been having heat indexes of 153 degrees and having a quilt on you even after the hottest part of the day has past is asking to much.

So when I was at Joann paying to much for my 4.5" square up ruler - it was supposed to be on sale 40% off but online Joann has a different idea of what's in the sale flier than my local store so I ended up paying full price...  I bought a couple balls of Lily Sugar'n Cream yarn.  If you haven't touched this super soft 100% cotton made right here in the good old USA I highly suggest you do.  It's amazing, and my hands that can't stand to touch wool love me for selecting such a soft alternative.
Currently I'm making dish cloths.  DH thinks they are better at scrubbing pots than store bought towels, so I figure I can knit out a couple and stash them for Christmas or something.

1 comment:

Heather Landry said...

Oh cool! Now I want to crochet my own dish cloths! Is there a special kind of yarn? Hmmm. Off to investigate!