October 25, 2011

Earth Turtles Flimsy Finished!

Now lookie here.  My Brown turtles in the green grass.  Also known as my Art for Your Bed quilt top is finished.  I finished up the applique and sewed the center strip yesterday.  What a difference from the quilts I normally work on wouldn't you say?  


This quilt is destined to be for a twin / twin extra long bed.  It measures 57" x 99.5".

For the Serendipitous Leaf in the very center of the quilt I hand stitched that and then looped a connecting stitch back through all of my stitches to link them.  


I took this picture of Tiny as she looked so cute and ready to help with my next project, Peppermint Burst.  I'd say if you ask her it's sure to be a good one!  Does anyone want to come cut the fabric for me?

4 comments:

Vicki said...

Oh my those earth turtles are striking. That black blender sets everything off very nicely and that one red oak leaf really adds a nice finish to the top. You should be very proud of this one.

QuiltSue said...

That's a very eye-catching quilt and I do love your serendipitous leaf.

Dana Gaffney said...

That is so beautiful, the colors are really lush. Great job!

Heather Landry said...

I love the color combination on this quilt. It looks really great and those turtles are awesome!

The Keurig was one of my Christmas presents. Ronnie saw me eyeing it and Christmas came early! (Last month. LOL)