January 19, 2009

CatchUp

I have been so immersed, that I have been neglectful. Well let me catch you up. I altered some old curtains to fit my bedroom window (and most of the other windows in the house, just in case). I took before and after photos. That has been part of my mending mission. Hey reuse! They had been floor to ceiling, but I cut them down, as a bonus I even have a bit of denim leftover for some future project. Yesterday afternoon I FINALLY got to the mixer cover for my mixer that I've been wanting to make so long ago. I made one for Jessica back then and ever since mine has been on the to do list. Well I took it off last week, I was sick of seeing it, that was just the right push to get it done. The fabric is easy clean indoor outdoor so it's a real witch to sew on, I broke more needles than I'd care to admit, but I think it turned out nice, complete with pockets. One is just right to hold my small cookbooks and another is perfect to hold the box tops that I collect for my brother's school. There is another small one, I don't know what I will use it for, but something will come to me. A new Block of the Month came out for the 15th of Jan. This one is Hole in the Barn Door, I'm happy to make anything that looks nice for the Spring Sampler 2009.

1 comment:

Heather Landry said...

You have been so busy! I sewed a button on DH's pants last night and felt special. LOL You totally rock. That little quilt block is adorable.