Yesterday I started adding the borders to the Children of the Sea Panel. The first border is a folded pink batik border, which I'd intended to fold out and onto the second border. I didn't foresee the trouble this would cause with the mitered corners of the second border, so instead the border folds in on the panel.
The next border is 8.5" because I'm going be adding biased scallops on to it. The colors will be pulled from two of the colors in the killer whales, a light periwinkle blue, and a darker rich almost navy blue. Once those are complete we'll take a good long look and see what it wants next.