June 20, 2011

Christmas Quilt-A-Long Year 2 June BOM

This morning I finished up the BOM's for the Christmas Quilt-A-Long for this month.  Now, I know what you're thinking and I'll tell you this much is certain as long as it's completed in the month it was given you're golden.  Or in this case pink and purple.  I liked the star points even though they gave me fits and I tried to cut off the top of my finger with the rotary cutter (and succeeded in sheering off the corner!)  I like the way they "X" into one another, it's intriguing in it's simplicity.  Perhaps I'll revisit these little "X's" in the future.

I have settled on a machine for the Inspira Frame, and hopefully in the near future I'll be saying things like "on the frame".  Now wouldn't that be nice?  As I didn't want to purchase a second stitch regulator, so I was limited to the Janome 1600, the Pfaff Grand Quilter, and the Viking Mega Quilter.  A friend of a friend just happened to have a Janome 1600P so hopefully very soon it will be happily stitching away for me, or perhaps that's better said "stitching with me".  Either way I'm very exited and happy dreaming of threads, backings, and the oodles of batting I'm sure to need.

In preparation I purchased some plain yardage, just right for stitching a whole cloth for practice.  I plan to draw some directly on the fabric, use my pantograph shelf for others, and of course a bit free form practice as well.  After that I'm hoping to load the Baby Clothes Quilt from way back, but time will tell if I'm ready to switch from the 5' size to the longer 10' size by then.  Would you believe I'm hoping to stitch feathers on my sashing for that quilt?  Here's hoping anyway.  I guess I figure I have already completed the first one (and it's been on the bed for two winters now) so I can't mess it up; this quilt is all "extra".  So we'll have to see how that goes.

4 comments:

QuiltSue said...

It sounds like you're getting really excited about machine quilting on a frame. I'm looking forward to seeing your results.

rubyslipperz1052 said...

ouch...sorry about your finger =(
I've done that a time or two and it doesn't feel so great.

Here's hoping your machine quilting happens soon...You will have fun!

hugz,
annie
rubyslipperz106.blogspot
=) new follower =)

stitchinpenny said...

I read all of the blogs I missed over the recent past and I am excited for you. I hope you do better with the quilting frame than I have lately. You seem to have better general skills than I do so I am expecting great things from you.

Heather Landry said...

Oh my gosh about your finger! Are you okay? I really love the x pattern and the colors. I bet those points were incredibly difficult to match up!