June 10, 2011

I Stitched after all

Sorry about complaining like that yesterday.  I try very hard to hold my peace but on days like that sometimes my emotions get the best of me.  It's just to irksome to know what you want, to have all the fabrics, the thread, the idea, the concept, and your own body says "Nope not today!"

Things did simmer down in the late afternoon, and I started on my dolphins for the rings.  I have them all drawn, and have stitched the four corner dolphins.  Which are actually slightly larger as well as two tiny dolphins for the center small size circles.

I started on the first of the 14 that make up the other intermediary rings.  For my stitching I drew a dolphin, cut it out, and started with that as a paper template and cut it down or redrew it as needed.  I am using a thickness of four threads for the embroidery.  The thread is the 100 weight silk I used on the Dresden plates.  I might like to pick up a couple more colors of that in the future just to have on hand, it's nice to work with.

I'm a little nervous about the wavy curve border, even know in my mind I know exactly how to do it in reality I'm feeling timid.  I'm not certain if I'm going to start on that today or if I'm going to finish hand stitching the dolphins first.


Sunny has been a real lover lately, happy to curl up with whomever is willing to pet him.  When I saw this I knew I just had to have a picture.

3 comments:

Vicki said...

I'm glad that you are feeling better and the embroidered dolphins look great.

stitchinpenny said...

Blogger may or may not allow me to comment. I love the dolphins and When you get the waves done this will be an amazing quilt.

QuiltSue said...

It's going to look wonderful.