May 07, 2009

Special Girl

I noticed this little Cardinal three days ago. You see she sits a little funny, and I was concerned for her. DH looked and her and pronounced her "fine", but then upon looking closer he told me. She has only one leg, that's why she flutters more and sits funny, but she can fly just fine. Of course we don't know what happened to her, she wasn't bleeding and there are no signs on her feathers of trauma, so it either happened a while ago, or it's a birth defect. Yesterday she brought me a surprise. Her boy. Yes this sweet little bird has a helper male bird, we watched while he courted her a bit. She is the one on the left in this photo. Today the pair were back again, and I couldn't resist sharing them with you.
The center of the second side of the Carpenter's wheel Quilt is coming along fine. Though now I've begun to wonder - if perhaps I should make them two (It's so obvious I know exactly where these quilts are going, hu?). I'd like to try and sell some things on etsy, so single sided would keep the cost down. This as you know is Sunny, he loves to be outside, regardless of what it looks like in this photo he has a good time out there. Yesterday he snuck out, and none of us knew it. Rob found him and returned him to me, panting and clearly overheated, from stress, heat, or having to run from something we don't know. Luckily we were able to get him cooled off and he's no worse for wear.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your embroidery! Are you hand embroidering or transferring it or machine?

Sand and Sunshine said...

It's all done on my machine. I do some by hand but nothing like this.

Heather Landry said...

Sunny is a mess! Thank goodness Rob found him. Jeez! I'm loving the colors of the quilt, and those bird photos are wonderful!