May 08, 2009

Lights Camera GLITTER!

The day did a funny sort of flip flop on me. I started out at the big red Bulls eye store (since their return policy sucks I only buy personal and paper goods there, aka stuff I know I wont need to return). Ahhh but later my sister and I would cruise off to Dunedin, a cute little town complete with perfect green grass, friendly people, and most important small town charm.

What else do they have? Well they have Raspberries, a Platinum Vera Bradley Store, which is how I convinced my sister to take me... As well as Rainbow's End, a huge quilt store that touts itself as being the biggest fabric store in all of Florida, and I believe them.

I was destined for the, yep you guessed it, Glitter! Come on now, you had to know that I really wanted to find the $30 so I can glitter up Lori's Row Robin this month. You can see from the photo what I bought. Pee Wee Glitter LB Colors I, Sea Shell 100, a pristine white which will be my snow, the special fabric glue. The woman who presides over the cash register there is so knowledgeable, just like I remember, and was more than happy to show me how to paint with the glue, and which techniques I should use to get the look I want. For now I'm waiting to get my hands on the three paint brushes she suggested, but as soon as I do not only will you see what I've been planning, but I will also right a review. Oh and this pile is so small not only am I glad I went to the store to buy it because of the wisdom I gained that way, but also because it can be disappointing to receive a much awaited box, that doesn't weight more than 5 oz or so.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun! Can't wait to see the outcome of your shopping extravaganza!

Shelly said...

Oh my, I would be afraid that if I went into Rainbows that I would never come out.

I can't wait to see what you do with the glitter. You're stuff is always so creative.

Heather Landry said...

I can't wait to see what you do with the glitter. I bet it will be awesome!