May 04, 2009

Not Sure...

I've been thinking about options for the last border for the Purple Carpenter's Wheel Quilt. I came up with this one, but I'm just not certain. These two borders would bump the size to 70" and I ask you, who wants a 70" square quilt? At the current 55" square I can think of lots of things to do with it, but at 70" it feels like it will need something more to bump it to a full sized quilt or perhaps thrown on the couch.

This ribbon border means making 15 blocks per side plus the cornerstones, and that seems like a whole bunch of work. Perhaps it wont seem so bad in the am.

3 comments:

Shelly said...

I have a 50"x50" for the couch and the whole family tells me it needs to be longer. So, 70"x70" sounds good to me for a couch quilt. Plus I just really like this border. :-)

Anonymous said...

I think quilts are best at least 60 or over but that's for me. My husbands kind of a burly guy and he needs the little extra. I wouldn't make baby quilts this large though. I tend to make them smaller even than the pattern recommends because if someone wants to actually travel with it. It really depends on what you're using it for and where it's going. If you're going to hang it or display it then it's just a personal choice of what feels right. Remember it's your creation and you know what to do with it!

Heather Landry said...

I love the border, I think anything you decide will look fabulous. I just can't get over how you mock everything up before sewing it!