February 08, 2009

Mary Jane's 2nd Row


February is a short month, so I needed to be on the stick about this row. Right up to the very end this row had a quiet but heavy handed way of dealing with me, the quilter. It looks very little how I thought it would, but in the end, it's beautiful. I hope Mary Jane likes it. I have the label embroidered, and will be packing up the row to mail shortly.
The center detailing doesn't show up well in the overall photo, so here is a close up. Mary Jane's Theme is Traditional Elegant Christmas. Candles traditional and elegant, the red blocks are a twist on a very traditional block called a Log Cabin, and antique lace style snowflakes, very traditional and elegant if I do say so myself.

1 comment:

Heather Landry said...

I think it's lovely! You are getting so much done! I love how Jessica snuck into the photo. LOL