December 10, 2011

Christmas Quilt-a-long 2011 Wrap Up

Shessh 2011 wrap up?  Where did the year go?  Anyway this is just a post to collect together everything I made during the 2011 Christmas Quilt-a-long.  I'm listing everything in reverse order so my oldest projects are first and the newer ones are last.  Note I didn't make all of these things one day a month, instead if I worked on it at all during a QAL day I'm showing you it in it's current state here.

Oh geez I mentioned the Me, the Snake, and the Meerkat Quilt.  That one has it's back all finished and the front is waiting on me to stop being so afraid and applique the organza snake on.  I'm getting better, I've worked with the glitter metallic thread and maybe it wont be to bad.
I made this little-tic-tac toe board for my daughter after seeing at the store for $30 on sale.  She even liked it enough that she took it to school when it was her day to bring in a board game.  
My Dresden Plate Queen/Full Quilt is now Flismy.  I look at fabrics for the back each time I'm at a fabric shop, but so far nothing is quite right.
I made two rice ice/heat bags quilt lead to my Step By Step Tutorial. Which you can find here.
I finished my Twin Size Reversible Tropical Waves Quilt.
I made this camel back kid's sized cover for my daughter.
I finished the Reversible 90" square full/queen 2nd Blessings from Heaven Quilt.  Finishing this quilt was a  real milestone for me as I started it and made the first one 3 years ago when I first started quilting and never wanted to go back and finish the second.  DD was delighted when I tucked this one into fitting on her Twin Bed.  Let's just say there is plenty for her to curl up in.
My Children of the Sea Twin size quilt is a flismy with a pieced backing completed and ready to quilt in 2012.
My Reversible Scatty Stars Lap Quilt is all finished.
My Extra Long Twin Earth Turtle Quilt made it into a Flismy Form for Quilting in 2012.
My Peppermint Pin Cushion, I actually made more than one on that day for friends.
My Peppermint Burst Quilt is 70" square.  It's finished.
That's my Christmas 2011 Quilt-a-long year, no bad for a year. Next year we'll be hopping all over blog land for the QAL. I'll be hosting October's Christmas Quilt-a-long 2012, I hope to see you then.

4 comments:

QuiltSue said...

Wowee, what a busy bee you've been. You've made some great quilts and "things". I specially love the Peppermint Burst quilt (but some might suggest I'm biased!)

Joanna said...

That is a treasure trove of beautiful quilts. Your Scatty Stars is super. I see you also have a cat who appreciates a nice quilt:)

Lesley said...

Now you were a busy lady! You have accomplished so very much this year! Everything is gorgeous, but in particular, I love Scatty Stars and Peppermint Burst. Well done!

Trudi said...

Oh My Goodnes! You have been a busy little elf! All beautiful, so much to see! But will definitely see you next year! :)