March 15, 2012

Who Remembers these?

These are my Hawaiian Ocean Applique Turtles.  I've decided I'm tired of them being a UFO not to mention being burned out on this method of quilting.  Would you believe me if I told you this is the third quilt I've made with this turtle pattern?  So I've moved them to the WIP pile.  After having them there for a couple of days (a week?) I started thinking that if I downsize this quilt from a full size to a twin size it will match it's reverse applique twin (see below) both in pattern and in finished quilt size.  So I'm going for it.  I finished up block number 9 yesterday afternoon and am ready to begin working on the final block number 10.  Wont it be great to see these laid out as a quilt soon?
Now just in case you were wondering about the third quilt I used this pattern in you can see it below.  It was a reversible lap quilt that I donated to project Linus in 2010.  This was my test quilt for the Ocean turtles and the earth turtles seen above are a happy coincidence of my DH's careful planning and cutting. Hopefully it's seeing plenty of use these days.

It's surprising but after all this time I almost like the back the best.

2 comments:

Dana Gaffney said...

How funny, you and I must have a lot of the same fabric. I have that lizard fabric and never really knew what to do with it. I like the way you used it.

LongIslandSue said...

I love the turtle quilt pattern. Sort of a celtic cross with turtles. This is very cool.