March 21, 2012

Ocean Turtles Flood Living Room: Cat Swims!

My ocean turtle quilt top is done.  Yippie!  This is a twin/twin XL measuring at 62.5" x 100".  I have a really wonderful dolphin print that will make up the quilt back and I'm thinking I'd like to restate the green for the binding.

DH took this picture.  I left the quilt on the floor for him to see when he walked by and it seems Tiny was loving all over it after I left the room.

Of course while I was taking pictures she was much more reserved...
I'm am planning to stitch around the turtles and then to a variation of quilted echos which will ripple over the water.  The variation will allow me to use the mid arm on the frame and will hopefully will work out nicely enough that I can apply it to other quilts that I'd like to echo in the future.

I'm also planning quilt baby turtles swimming up the sides and then a row swimming down the middle, in the spacer strips on the sides as well as the one in the center.  As for thread colors, I believe I will quilt the echos in blue and the turtles in green.  What do you think?  The threads I have in mind to use are a bit heavier so I'll need bigger needles for the Janome, oh darn that means I'll have to go shopping.

Now to figure out how to make my 40" wide novelty print become 60" wide...  Have you been up to anything fun lately?

6 comments:

Barbara said...

Oh how funny. I love that quilt.

Debbie said...

Your quilting plan sounds great! Happy shopping.

QuiltSue said...

Your quilting plan sounds great and I love the thread colour choices you've made.

Dana Gaffney said...

Tiny has good taste, I love that quilt and the ideas you have for finishing. Can't wait to see.

Vicki said...

Looks like Tiny has given her two paws seal of approval on this quilt. I'm looking forward to seeing the quilting on this one, should come out looking great.

Heather Landry said...

Your quilt is looking amazing! The water print reminds me of the background of your blog. Just too cool!