March 07, 2012

Christmas Quilt-a-Long Year 3 March

Jeeez, I'm still reeling that it's March already.  This month our hostess with the most-est is Joanna of Needle, Thread, Happiness.  She says she's all set and ready to go and I'm looking forward to visiting her as our Miss March.  More to the point, I am can't wait to get my hands on to the first set of sewing directions for our Mystery Quilt, I switched out my red fabric for a luscious green one and will reserve the red for the binding which should be enchanting.  Just like you hang out your stockings at Christmas Time I have my fabric all cut and my thread selected, I couldn't believe I had such a perfect match.  

That brings me to a question, do you match your thread to your fabric like a seamstress or do you go with shades of gray?  Honestly I'm a thread color matcher myself and yes that means when I switch fabrics I switch colors too.  I just can't seem to help myself.  So I'm all ready to sew.  If you're not quite ready yet, that's okay you have until Saturday and then we never mind a straggler or two, it's your quilt and you'll make it at your own pace.
So grab a cup of hot chocolate (I know you have some left!) or a spot of coffee and join us this month.  We'd love to have you.

1 comment:

QuiltSue said...

Yes, I've got my party frock out, and I'm looking forward to seeing everyone there.

For piecing, I always use a neutral shade, either a cream or a light grey - often depending on what comes to hand when I am ready to sew! I think I'm too impatient to keep matching and changing threads. When I'm quilting though, that can be a different matter.