March 03, 2012

Lone Star Support Group Day!

Pieced Lone Star Diamond with Glow
It's that time again, time for the Lone Star Quilt-a-long for those of us who like a bit of a support Network for taking on this difficult quilt.  How has everyone been this month?  It has been a slow quilt month for me with not much to show.  I scaled up my Lone Star Glow blocks that I found for free online here and I started working on them after selecting the right colors and fabrics for my background blocks.  It turns out this upscaled pattern is more fabric hungry than I'd thought so my dear friend Vicki sent more more of her lovely hand dyed fabric which will make up the rays of the glow, and a coupon came in the mail so I can buy more of the white fabric tomorrow.

For anyone who might have skipped last week my diamonds are all pieced and I'm holding off on sewing them together so that I can use my Y-Seam Free Method which I posted a tutorial for last month and you can find here.

I'm looking forward to seeing your progress!
Lone Star laid out Together

1 comment:

Vicki said...

I'm looking forward to seeing those glow blocks all finished and placed with the Lone Star, this will be spectacular.