January 11, 2012

Lone Star Diamond Progress

I now have two of the diamonds for my Lone Star Quilt completely pieced.  Each diamond will make up one section of my eight point star.  This is a big accomplishment as getting each strip just right is rather tricky.  I did the math and if I was piecing each little diamond to make this quilt it would take 512 pieces.  Using this method it will still have that many diamonds but at least it wont feel like it.  My two completed pieces are made up of 128 diamonds.  How about that for little details?

Two diamonds down, six to go.

5 comments:

stitchinpenny said...

Looking great. The pressing is even daunting to me. You rock!

Hazel said...

'Rather tricky' sounds like an understatement to me! I can see why the starch comes in - those strips will be stretchy as elastic cut on the bias.

It looks a million dollars already - I always love your sea greens.

Vicki said...

WOW!!! Looking awsome!!!!

Barbara said...

You are doing a great job on this!

QuiltSue said...

I can only echo what the others have said. Great. Million dollars. Awesome.