June 09, 2009

As it Stands


This is Amber's quilt. It arrived a few days ago but this was the first time I had a chance to sit down and post about it. Nicely Mary Jane send an extra tiny bit of blue flora fabric that had been used in a pre-existing row. Which will be nice to have to pull everything together.

Since Amber's row is running 12" short I'll be adding two rows. The first will be of my choice and the second will be from the blocks I had made when we thought her top had gone missing in the mail. I think it will be wonderful.

Oddly when I laid the quilt out it told me butterflies, which seems bazaar on a Christmas Robin so I'll be ignoring that comment and instead thing about what might be a similar shape, perhaps a white poinsettia? It's all just wondering now. I have some fabrics that will match well from the Easter effort so I plan to be getting started on this one straight away. Of course this is our last month so when it's all done I'll be sending it off to Amber for final touches and to be quilted up. hehehe wont that be a fun package to receive in the mail?

5 comments:

Shelly said...

I always love what you add to these. I can't wait to see what you come up with.

Craft-a-Boo said...

*Stands in shock* This is absolutely awesome! I would not mind butterflies in the least. It's not so much Christmas to me as it is winter...and I think a winter butterfly would be simply divine! :-) I cannot wait to get my grubby little hands back on that! It looks so stunning. I can't wait to see what you add! You're so awesome!

Craft-a-Boo said...

PS. BTW I've not seen this since row three...for some weird reason maybe I've missed the pictures, because row four and five are new to me! *stares at picture for twenty minutes drooling* So thank you for posting a picture, it's awesome!

Anonymous said...

Awesome quilt!!! I love it. This is so beautiful.

Heather Landry said...

I think it's gorgeous and I can't wait to see the rows you ad! Hey you changed the blog! It looks neat!