November 11, 2008

Butterfly Bouquet Done! (flimsy)

Butterfly Bouquet Quilt Top is done! I think it looks so pretty, and quite a bit like I measured for the drop, (that's the part that hangs off the bed) but I didn't it just turned out that way. Those are indeed rosebud blocks that traverse around the center, I used the measurements I remembered from Eleanor Burns "Quilt in a Day -Egg Money Quilts", but somehow they weren't the correct measurements so one bud is a bit more "bud-like" than the other. Ah well, I bet you wouldn't have noticed if I hadn't pointed it out. Here you can see the the Redwork I did along the sides, yes my redwork is blue, but since this is the "blue quilt" I thought it would look just fine. Each corner has a butterfly, just as the butterflies appear over the center of the quilt. You can just see this one here on the bottom corner.

The center says it's made for my sister for Christmas so she can have flowers everyday. If you've been reading about this quilt, you know I've had various pitfalls along it's creation, just think how happy I am to see it laid out this way for the first time. Now the Butterfly Bouquet Quilt was intended to be a two sided quilt, from the moment I started the second side, so here is a reminder of what the first side looks like. It's so pretty in it's own right I hate to call it a back. I saw a wall hanging using this style of charms and lattice, and I really do like it. It creates an amazingly quick quilt, with the longest efforts going into selecting the fabric and cutting, which since the pieces are 17.5" is no big deal. I would be more than willing to say that this side of the Butterfly Bouquet Quilt would be perfect for a beginner.

I wrapped up this morning after I spilled my coffee all over the sewing machine case for the Brother, of course the foot pedal, disks, the manual - all sorts of important things were inside, the coffee managed to run into the storage compartment as well, but I'm here to tell you I'm so very glad the sewing machine WASN'T in it's case! I'm not sure what the rest of the day holds, hopefully the creation of some FSL (free standing lace) is in the cards.

1 comment:

Heather Landry said...

Those quilts are just so very beautiful. You have me wanting to try it, but first I really need to finish those dressed I started for Jordan and Alexis before Easter comes! LOL