July 19, 2008

Here we go down the Rabbit Hole!

I've been playing Alice lately. Perhaps I need to explain. This is July which is a shop hop month. I have never taken part in a shop hop, but as I needed some fabric for the two quilts I'm planning, I went ahead and jumped in whole hog. Since this is an online shop hop, I've been going around to all the different participating shops looking for the little purple bunny. Even Jessica got into it with me happily yelling "there it is!" When she would spot one. There are 180 stores involved, but to be registered for a grand prize you only need to find 135 bunnies (65 for the third place gift), but I couldn't help myself and sought out all of them!

Since our tax check showed up we once again have money for things like groceries, luckily for me I have a husband who has let me shop all over those stores. Perhaps it's selfish, but the way I see it, is that I will have enough fabric to potentially last me through November/December, and a happy mom goes a long way.

Hey don't roll your eyes! If I put a happy face on to put my daughter to bed she will go right to sleep after her story, but if I am impatient with her it only seems to take longer. If it takes a happy face I will wear it every time. I noticed last week it's taking over an hour from putting on the PJ's to real sleep, and that's seems to be an excessive amount of time.

Our Sunny Boy Cat has been asking for attention lately, it's honestly quite wonderful, nothing and I mean nothing soothes my heart and mind the way my cat loves me. My big, fluffy, goofy Maine Coon, just hops up and then looks at me like "oh you're here, you can pet me now". LOL

Jessica's quilt is streaming towards being done, today I stitched more of her little red hearts, Jessica loves "finding them" all over the quilt. I have two left and then to decide whatever I will do with the boarder and then it's time to bind it up. YIPPIE!

We have completely become addicted to "Deadliest Catch" here at my house, on the Discovery Channel, of course it's made all the better with the voice overs being done by Mike Rowe from "Dirty Jobs". We were hooked shortly before the start of this season, and we were up till the wee hours of the morning watching it. I never would have dreamed crab fishing would be so fun to watch. They do an amazing job everything from the camera footage to the music. So now I'm off to go watch while picking up the toys. GEEE... :D Read Well! Smile Big, Bedtime comes soon!

1 comment:

Heather Landry said...

Hey there! Ahhh there's nothing wrong with a good bit of shopping to put Mom in a better mood. LOL Yours is fabric... mine is scrapbooking.=0)