November 03, 2012

Lonestar November Afternoon Check-In.

Hello again!  Has everyone been busy so far?  I am finding I'm making faster progress than I had expected.  That's good for you as it means I have something to show!

First thing this morning I got down to the nitty gritty of my curved ends.  Some of these didn't print with the smoothest of curves and I wanted to refine that before I started cutting out the template.  Cutting the template was fine but my goodness it's delicate, and with all those hooks on the ends of the curves it wants to catch on itself.

Tracing the template is working out fairly well.  I've found I need to trace one side of the line and extrapolate the second curve and that seems to be working better than just tracing both sides, the curves transition more smoothly when I offset them without the template.

So far I've learned it's good to keep a wet edge on the Fabrico ink line, working from your last marked edge outwards.  That makes a nicer mark.  Not much else to add.  The part in the pictures is all I have done.  My white marking pen makes really nice lines but they wear off if left to long so after I'm done with these scrolls I'll be working up this side of first corner with more tracing.  It's a process, but one I hope will be worth it.

1 comment:

QuiltSue said...

Woww, you really are racing ahead with this. It's looking really great.