August 24, 2011

Swatch Day = My Custom Meerkat Fabric

I don't know how many of you have ordered custom fabric before.  I have and it's one of those things that seems to have it's good with the bad.  I'm not going to bother listing them but I did want to show you the delightful swatch that showed up on my doorstep on Monday.  I could not be happier with this print.  See below the original picture I used in my Meerkat post the other day?  Now look at the scan of my wonderfully new Meerkat Fabric on the left.  I scanned the fabric this time instead of taking a picture so the lighting in the room wouldn't adversely effect the colors.  If you wondered the lines in the picture that you see is actually the weave of the fabric itself, the scanner didn't quite know what to make of it.  For the fabric I went with something they were calling a light canvas linen, which should hold up nicely to all of my happy gazes.  I think it might become a pillow for the couch.  Aren't those designers always telling us to fill our home with things we love?

From this printing the things that stand out most to me are that I didn't doctor the print much, I just went with the original photograph (pictures posted to blogger have a lower resolution automatically than the original) and tweaked that for size.  I just love the way his markings printed out so wonderfully rich and right on.  The shrub and green plant life are rather out of place from a Meerkat's natural environment, but for a vacation picture, not to mention fabric for a vacation memento, it's marvelous.

2 comments:

stitchinpenny said...

Custom fabric again. Did you use Spoonflower or another source. It is great.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

It looks great, did you do it on your printer?