August 17, 2011

Scatty Stars Quilt Top Awaiting Borders

I just sewed together all my Scatty Stars for the Christmas Quilt-a-long.  I didn't buy any fabrics for this quilt and instead went to my stash and started going through the fabric requirements to see what I had that looked good together.  As you can see it's clearly not a Christmas quilt, but it was my block of the month and it's so different it makes me happy to look at it.  The blue in the rail fences picks up the blue splashes in the purple background fabric and I like that a lot.  My family is always running off with my tape measure so I'm not sure what the current measurements are for this quilt right now.

All of the fabrics in this quilt are flannel with the sole exception being the purple background fabric and it has cuddly written all over it.  I highly recommend clicking on the image for a close up as within the two centermost blocks you will find the fabric I used for all the triangles this pulled everything together from the center. The rail fence blocks and the triangles lighten everything up so I will add small border of the purple fabric all around before setting it aside for next month's assignment.

3 comments:

QuiltSue said...

That looks great, and I love how the railfences have brought it all together.

Vicki said...

Your quilt has come together very nicely and I think a small purple border will tie it all together very nicely.

stitchinpenny said...

Absolutely beautiful.