July 18, 2009

The Speed

It is amazing to me the speed at which life can slip past. Last night I had a ball wrapping up presents for Jessica's 4th birthday. I'm supposed to say it's hard to believe she's four already, but it's not hard. She is a very smart girl that I doubt would have been able to hide in a 3 year old's body much longer. Jessica is so excited about all things four, but most especially school. My daughter's personality is like a mac truck. Sure, she seems like peaches and cream, but when she really wants something... Lucky for me this is what I want too.

This morning I received a rare and precious gift. I was putting in a movie for Jessica when there was a bang on my window. I looked up and sure enough there was a baby cardinal trying to land on the aluminium between the windows (where the glass is mind you). The little baby must have been out for one of it's first flights. And who was the only other cardinal in sight? Why me special little lady cardinal. Yes, I'd like to believe that the special girl, I enjoy watching out my window, brought me her little one. It's nice to think that she is a successful mom even lacking a foot.

Not working on anything quilty right now. Hopefully after my mini vacation there will be enough money left for me to buy a slew of batting so I can get quilting. Laugh if you want, we'll just have to wait and see.

Oh, I nearly forgot! I did get the clothes thing taken care of, seems not only was my "measurement size" not my size at all I was in the wrong department. I found this out through the grace of my mom. Just like when I was a kid trying things on, she searched the racks and came back to the dressing room with clothes to try on. It was such a blessing to have her there to help me. My leg and foot hurt like the dickens before I started. I'm certain had my mom not been there I would have returned my pile of clothes for a dress and a skirt, the later of the two were straight returns for a smaller size, and retreated to someplace to spend the rest of the afternoon sitting. As it was, I even had enough energy when it was over to do a little rack combing myself from the seat of a wheelchair.

3 comments:

stitchinpenny said...

Glad to see that you are back after the keyboard issue and the you got new clothes. Hooray on both.

Heather Landry said...

I'm glad to see you back! I can't believe Jessica is turning 4. It seems just like yesterday that you were pregnant. Sigh! They grow up so very fast!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on turning four!! I didn't realize you were disabled. Must be tough clothes shopping. Glad you had help with you!