July 09, 2009

More on the Back

Yesterday I spent a wonderful day with my husband. We didn't do anything, but it was wonderful all the same. He's been working his regular job and is doing some intensive contract work, so I haven't been seeing much of him lately. After he departed to work in the pm, I got out my quilt supplies and work more on the Row Robin Quilt back. As you can see in the photo it's coming right along. Two more borders, one in muslin to make it the rectangle I need and one in a flannel border fabric to frame it all in and bring it up to size.

Today is a big day for me. Just this morning I packed up the last of the seed from the capsules my Phaius Tankervilliae Orchid produced (with my help) and this after noon I'll be shipping it off to the Conservatory. I be sharing the germination status of that with you as I know, but if you'd like to keep track you can watch here. While this process didn't go as planned (can we say tornado) I have enjoyed working with Meyer's Conservatory and look forward to helping again in the future.

1 comment:

Heather Landry said...

I think it's so cool about you sharing your orchid seed with the conservatory! The back of your quilt is coming along wonderfully!