July 23, 2009

Money Can't Buy Happiness

But it sure can buy tranquility and relaxation!

My sister, daughter, husband and I just returned from a short trip to Walt Disney World, where we stayed two nights at Disney's Boardwalk Inn Resort. All of my planning paid off as I found a deal on a concierge room that we couldn't pass up.

We arrived about 2 pm, upon pulling in for valet parking, we were greeted with a smile. The valet checked on our room (which wasn't ready) helped us unload the car and found someone to take us directly up to the Club Level.

The club level has wonderful things. The Innkeepers Lounge for one as well as the concierge desk where my husband checked us in. The ladies in our party were whisked off directly to the Lounge, where we sipped on the best tea my lips have ever touched as well as light snacks. I had read about crowds in the reviews (we never encountered them) as well as the tv - which was off every time I was there, except on morning visits. It was not at all loud, being merely the morning news I didn't feel the pull to distract Jessica from watching it.

While I could have spent my entire vacation there with the peacefully, happy, and helpful CM's, we had plans. My sister was off to Muscles and Bustles Health Club for an aromatherapy massage my husband and I planned for her (which she enjoyed so much she dozed off).

...Meanwhile my family and I played down by the Luna Park Pool. It is the big pool on the Villas side. It was loud and enjoyable. The Luna Park Crazy Play Area is right next to the kiddie pool. I sat in the shade and could easily watch Jessica and her daddy play in both areas. Jessica dearly wanted to go down the water slide, but it was clearly labeled as swimmers only, so keep that in mind if you're planning a trip.

When our room #4222 was ready we called to have our luggage brought up. We booked a Standard Club Level Room. The balcony overlooks the Courtyard and relaxing pool. Off to your left is a direct line to Epcot's France. While the outer most edge of the fireworks view is obstructed, it was simply divine watching them with the "Eiffel tower" in the foreground. This is an East facing room, and the summer morning sun doesn't beam through the heavy curtains, but anyone stepping out there to enjoy the morning view is sure to gain murmurs of discontent from anyone still in bed. While the 4th floor does not require a room key to get to, our room was behind the locked door where the concierge desk is located just past the Innkeeper's Lounge. Also not all club level rooms are on the aforementioned "club level". The Club Level of Boardwalk Inn is the 4th floor.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing! So glad you guys got a much needed break and rest! It sounds awesome!

stitchinpenny said...

Sounds like a fun place to stay.

Heather Landry said...

It sounds amazing! I really love the review girl. I'm so happy that you had a wonderful time.

Craft-a-Boo said...

It sounds like you had a blast! I'm so happy for you! Hey, FYI, I changed the title of my blog and it might have disapeared from your radar. Just in case, here it is. leavesmeinstitches.blogspot.com