June 19, 2012

Christmas Quilt-a-long June's Caught Up

CQAL Mystery Quilt Center Sewn
I just finished sewing the center of the Christmas Quilt-a-long Quilt.  Selecting a layout was tricky, I took pictures of about four different layouts (so if you're cruising the CQAL posts to find alternative layouts comment that you'd like to see my extras and I'll email them to you).

This was the one Sue showed as an option, and I just decided to go with it.  I'm sure the final quilt will be beautiful.  I believe next month we'll be working on the border.  Sounds like time to buy batting to me!

DD is our model today.  The cat's couldn't be bothered - Tiny said she did plenty of modeling when I had it spread out while the camera was put away.  The t-shirt she is wearing I added the rhinestones to last night.  She had two shirts that were plain and needed a little something.  But I guess you can't really see the butterfly in that picture, oh well at least you can see her pretty smile.

2 comments:

stitchinpenny said...

I like the way it ended up. Christmas, but not CHRISTMAS!!!!

Heather Landry said...

She's getting so big! I really love the quilt. It looks wonderful. I can't wait to see it all quilted and assembled!