February 11, 2012

Foto Finish: Doors aka Quilter's Eyes

Entry Doors to Gaylord Palms Resort
Oh I adore Barbara of Cat Patches, for her theme today.  It's doors.  Digging through my pictures I found these. These are the entry doors to the Gaylord Palms Resort in Orlando.  Aren't they amazing?  This was the third and final hotel DH and I visited while on our honeymoon and we really loved our stay there in 2003.  We enjoyed our dinner at Villa de Flora that we ate there more than once and when these pictures were taken I was happily dragging my sister, a friend, and DD off to enjoy some of their food which is wonderfully seasonal and varies by day and the fruits (and veggies) of the season.  It was during that visit that my sister and I discovered our love for Sangria but that is a story for another day.  Besides trust me when I say the door and the Sangria is only the beginning of the wonder of this beautiful resort.  After all it is built with a 4.5 acre glass atrium in it's center.  Surely that means we can say it's always Florida weather somewhere in Florida.
Detail within door
It is so charming to see these pictures again, because while I like to reminisce I had completely forgotten about the beautiful Mariner's Compass set into the wood flooring within the center of the door.  Can you see it now?  Just think, I've grown Quilter's Eyes!

2 comments:

QuiltSue said...

I must have Quilter's Eye too. I saw it before I even read what you'd written!

Barbara said...

Oh great doors! Yes, you know your a quilter when...