January 16, 2011

Darling Details

I finished the free motion quilt along quilt!  Binding and everything!  I stalled out a little because I made my quilt a bit bigger so although I did everything I was supposed to (and surprisingly the right amount of everything) I had extra quilting space on the quilt.  First I experimented with some seashells and more variations on waves, but then I did this interlaced wavy quilting which turned out really great and from there I added a heart vine to one of the edges which was much easier than it sounds and after a tiny strip of loops it was all done.  For the binding I selected a baby blue which picks out highlights in both the front and the back of the quilt.  There is so much pink on this little quilt that I love how the blue mellows everything just a little bit.
After that I basted the lollipop quilt.  This had so many small pieces that after painstakingly hand sewing on many of the first flowers I went ahead and merely pinned them on.  Then I spray basted the entire quilt.  I tackled the stems first because I knew exactly how I wanted them quilted and now the flower head yo yos are waiting for me.  After a bit of sketching I think I know how I quilt them as well.  The only question remains what colors to quilt them all!
I'm so proud of my stems why not click on them to see them in more detail?  I haven't tucked in the strings yet, but I'll get to that after I stitch the flowers.

5 comments:

Heather Landry said...

I think it looks amazing! Particularly the stems! Wow! Fabulous colors too!

QuiltSue said...

Your FM quilting is wonderful. You must be so pleased with it?
As for Lollipops, that looks great. I know you've changed it a bit, so I wondered what size it's going to be now?

Gina said...

both quilts look great. I love the quilting on your quilt along quilt

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Vicki said...

Great work and I love what you did on the stems of the lollipop quilt.

stitchinpenny said...

Both quilts look great, but surprisingly to me I adore the lollipop applique.