November 25, 2010

Christmas Quilt-a-long Wrap Up

Sue's Christmas Quilt-a-long ended on the 13th which was a little sad, but what you don't know is that I won something!  Sharon at Daisy Cottage Quilting Donated a Lollipop Oopsie Daisy Kit and she is the sponsor of my win.  How wonderful is that?  Beautiful Moda Fabrics make up this charming little quilt.
I'm not all together certain why the pattern picture of this quilt don't like to be photographed.  I noticed the same trouble when I looked at the kit online, but as you can see below the colors are quilt bright.  While it is a lollipop theme the reds and greens remind me of Christmas.
Yes I already made the little buttons that are the flower centers.  I couldn't resist, aren't they they cutest little things?  Warm Thanks to Sue and Sharon and while I will miss the Christmas Quilt-a-long I heard through the grapevine Sue might be doing something after the first of the year.  Perhaps a Mystery Quilt or another quilt-a-long?  Only time will tell!

3 comments:

Heather Landry said...

Whoo hoo! Congrats on your win! What a cute little project kit!

QuiltSue said...

Wowwee, looks like you've made a good start already.

As for next year, the Christmas Quiltalong is definitely continuing all year. Watch my blog (or Cathi's at Shakerwood Quilts as she's going to co-host with me)for more information.

And the Mystery Quilt? Yes, if there's enough interest I'll be doing that too.

quiltingnana said...

great win ...have fun with it