June 23, 2010

Today I took the leap and settled down with some of that "found" yardage.  Truly I knew I had it, the fabric was leftovers given to me and I was certain I didn't have enough to make the long sleeved + long pants pjs for DD like I wanted.  It never occurred to me I suppose that I had enough to make a nightdress.  Night dresses are DD new favorite thing.  She will wear them whenever I let her and will go hunting for one when all she has is shorts and tops in her drawer.
So on to the sleepwear!  I went looking for a pattern for this really I did, but I couldn't find what I wanted.  I know so picky!  So I settled down without even a scrap of paper to help me.  Why do I do this to myself?  At one point after I cut my fabric I looked at it and thought, I have no idea what to do next!  Thank heavens my brain reconnected!  The bodice is square with a bit of ribbon embroidery on the right side.  From there the skirt is full and flows not from gathers but instead from gussets: two big ones in the front and three in the back.  I love how it opens up when she spins around.
 
More progress has been made to the house.  All of the painting is done except for my front door, did I mention it's going to be Poppy Red?  I'm thrilled over that.  DH is working on installing the second window of the day.  Which has us at 2 + the door installed and that 3rd one going in.  It's going faster that I'd dare to hope but we do have many windows.  Each bedroom has two and the living room has five.  Yes FIVE!  While I'm certain you're thinking I'm sure lucky to have DH, perhaps for once it'd be nice to think about that the other way around.  That he's lucky to have me. 

After all I picked the paint, I went to the store and got the paint.  I spent months researching windows and then made a decision and ordered them, I selected the new door and ordered that too.  All while taking care of a child that is rather to much like myself.  LOL.

Yesterday evening an entire family of Cardinal's came for a visit.  As they are a family of six it was like Sonic during dinner rush for birds.  Both parents where working hard to feed and keep track of four little ones.  Clearly there were two boys and one girl.  Didn't get a good look at the last one as it was staying a little further away, but I watched mom and dad feed them all.  When everyone was nearly done the male took the extra step to feed the female a tidbit.  Very cute.  This photo is of the mom and the two boys.  Can you see them all? 
Rest easy my friends and let us all be glad we don't have four children all the same age.

2 comments:

stitchinpenny said...

He is indeed very lucky to have you.

Isn't it nice to see the progress on your home.

Aunt Spicy said...

So sweet, what a great little sleep-outfit!