April 30, 2012

April NewFO Just had to Finish

Meerkat Kindle Cover Finished
Yes, I said it, I just had to finish the Kindle cover, so this evening when all was nice and quiet except for some strong winds outside, I finished it all up.  For now I'm going without toggles, buttons, or velcro and I'll see how that goes.

Now for confessions of a 4 year quilter.  This kind of project is exactly why I have regularly been finding myself trying to explain that I am not crafty and I am in no way a crafter.  This project was so fussy and everything needed to be just so.  Not to mention on a small scale!  I can handle fussy in a quilt (though fussy quilting and I would rather only be friends every once in a while), but something like this?  Oh no.
Kindle Cover Ready to Read
I would love to be that woman; the one with the beautiful shop on Etsy, filled with nit picky beautiful items not to mention she churns out so many perfect little crafts that everyone just has to have, so she's being interviewed to talk about how she left her almost perfect job to start and run her own business?  I'm not that gal, and unlike some I'm not even going to bother to pretend I'm that girl.
Kindle Cover Middle
Want quilts?  Want to watch them grow and chance from fabric yardage into family friendly cuddly comfort items?  If that's the case you've found the right place.

It is like cooking.  I'm a home cook.  I can and do.  But if someone said here is a sewing machine and 2,000 bolts of fabric you can have this to sew with as long as you'd like or take this designer chef's kitchen - honey I'd take the fabric!  Which begs the question what would you take?  What is your equivalent of a designer kitchen?

4 comments:

Heather Landry said...

I like fabric a lot, but I think I would rather have the designer kitchen. I know, it won't be a popular opinion. LOL

I think your Kindle cover turned out wonderfully. I love how personalized it is just for you!

QuiltSue said...

Fabric would win every time. Kitchens are for passing through, getting a glass of water, on my way to quilt!

<ind you, if someone invented a self-cooking, self-cleaning kitchen, that might be a different matter.

Dana Gaffney said...

Boy, do I hear you. I would love to make those things, but the small stuff just bores me. I don't even like to make tote bags, too many details, like lining :). You had those winds too? It was terrible here yesterday, we have so many branches down, the yards a mess. I know what I'm doing today.

stitchinpenny said...

Looks like you have been having fun. I have been at my daughter's helping her move so I was without computer and am catching up. Sorry for not keeping up with all your fun stuff, but I do love the Kindle cover.