January 14, 2013

Quiet Much?

The Beam Compass DH made for me
Perhaps I should rename this blog to "Quietest Little Blog"?  Na, I'd never do that.  Around here things have been busy.  I have made good progress on my Mandala blog.  DH made this wonderful Beam compass so I can rework some of the pattern pieces I wasn't happy with.  Currently, I have over 200 half square triangle blocks completed.  These are used in the multi colored slanting borders, so I just have one color left to make and then I will be on to the piecing of my center most circle and a lot of applique.  Below I laid out a sample of what the border will look like for you to see.  The last color that of HST's that I will need to create is raspberry, but I haven't settled on just which fabric to use yet.  The pattern suggested a random scrappy look but I think this will work out better...
Mandala Border
Have you been up to anything good lately?

2 comments:

Vicki said...

Great job on the beam compass, it looks very professional. No more struggling making circles. I love the colours of your HSTs. I've been busy working on my wall hanging, background finished, back to working on the designs for the Lotus flowers.

Nat Palaskas said...

A great tool to have for anything. Good job DH. I have never made a Mandala quilt, it looks hard - Hugs from Nat
PS: Thanks for visiting my blog - See you soon...